- 1 navy federal credit union health insurance
- 2 Review: Navy Federal Credit Union nRewards® Secured credit card – August 2017
Become a member now and experience the benefits and security of Navy Federal.
Serving Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Veterans, DoD and their families.
Our story, mission statement and how we have been serving our members since 1933.
Get up to speed on your new account.
From our Active Duty Checking to VA Mortgages, we have products that suit your needs.
Excellent member service. Great rates. Convenient banking.
Looking for a branch on or near your base or post? We've got them all right here.
Get the products and services to make managing your money easy.
Save money with our member-only specials and discounts!
Do you own a business? Join now.
Switching your financial transactions to Navy Federal is easy.
Read our articles to help manage your money, control debt and protect your credit.
NEW! Visit MakingCents, the place to go for information to help you meet your financial goals.
Protect yourself from fraud, phishing and ATM skimming.
Reach your retirement goals with tips, strategies and information to help you retire comfortably.
Start good financial habits young and prepare for a future of healthy saving and spending.
Get tips for easy filing and faster refunds.
Attend our FREE Home Buying and Financial Seminars.
Get tips for your next PCS or deployment and learn about the perks available to you in honor of your service.
Transition easily from the military to the civilian job or your next job with these great resources.
Determine monthly payments, make loan comparisons, check progress on retirement and more with our calculators.
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
A secured card to rebuild your credit with no annual fee — and simple rewards.
When you have poor or no credit history, it can be tough to get a loan or a credit card with a reasonable APR. Establishing or rebuilding your credit is important to your overall financial health.
The Navy Federal Credit Union nRewards Secured credit card reports to the three major credit bureaus so you can get your credit to where it needs to be.
With no annual fee and a decent 9.99% to 18.00% variable APR, this option is worth looking into. But qualifying requires membership with the Navy Federal Credit Union and opening a NFCU account with a minimum $500 security deposit. This security deposit becomes your line of credit.
This card further stands out as one of the few secure cards with a rewards program. For every dollar you spend, you’ll get one point for redemption toward gift cards or merchandise.
Unlike a prepaid or debit card, the NFCU nRewards Secured Card can help you rebuild or establish your credit history. This one comes with a few key benefits.
- Rewards program. Earn one point for every dollar you spend, and redeem points for gift cards or merchandise.
- Credit bureau reporting. NFCU reports your account activity to the three major credit bureaus, which can improve your credit score more quickly.
- No annual fee. It’s a good choice for those looking for a low-cost credit card.
- Collision Damage Waiver. You automatically have Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) coverage when you rent a car and pay for the rental with your secured card.
NFCU nRewards Secured Card can help you build your credit to meet your financial goals. But consider the below before you apply.
- Required NFCU membership. You must become a member and open up an NFCU account for approval.
- High required security deposit. Requires at least $500, which becomes your line of credit.
- No intro APR. Once approved, a 9.99% to 18.00% variable APR applies immediately.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Before you can apply for a NFCU nRewards Secured Card, you’ll need to become a member of the NFCU and open a savings account with at least $500. You will not be able to complete the online application without logging in to your existing savings account online.
To be approved for the NFCU nRewards Secured Card, you need to be at least 18 years old, a US citizen or legal resident and be able to provide a valid Social Security or tax ID number. You’ll also need to provide:
- Your employment status
- Your monthly income
- Your monthly housing expense
1. Go to the Navy Federal Credit Union website and hover on Products and Services. Then Click Credit Cards from the resulting window.
2. Scroll to nRewards Secured and click Apply.
3. Enter the user name and password for your NFCU online banking account and click Sign In.
4. The website will walk you through the remaining steps, which include providing your personal and financial information.
5. After you review the terms and conditions and fund your security deposit, confirm the information you’ve provided and submit your application
You’ll find out if you’ve been approved for the card nearly immediately after applying.
You’re on your way to rebuilding your overall credit history and financial health. Here are some important tips to help making your payments a little easier.
- Manage your account online. Set up an online account to monitor and keep on top of your spending.
- Avoid unnecessary interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Returned payments come with fees of up to $20, so consider signing up for autopay for automatic payments ahead of your due date.
- Contact information. Contact NFCU at 888-842-6328, or log in to your account to send a secure email or initiate a live chat. You can also visit NFCU on Facebook or on Twitter @NavyFederal.
A secured credit card can help you rebuild your credit by reporting your responsible spending and on-time payments to the three major credit bureaus.
With a low APR, minimal fees and a simple rewards program, the Navy Federal Credit Union nRewards® Secured Credit Card is a good one to compare.
Common questions about the NFCU nRewards Secured Card
Yes, you can authorize up to four users on your card. Contact NFCU for more information.
The US prime rate is a benchmark interest rate used by financial institutions to set rates on consumer loan products like credit cards.
Let NFCU know the dates you’ll be traveling and where you’re going by setting up Travel Notification on the phone, through the app or with a secure email through your online account.