I`m trying to get my w2 tax form from my old employment

Posted by Dave Roberts on Apr 07, 2017

An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

An expert that got 20 achievements.

An expert that got 10 achievements.

An expert that got 5 achievements.

Call them, go see them and you don't have much time. They are supposed to send them to you but it is up to you to have it to file taxes.

Posted on Apr 07, 2017

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.

best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).

click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

I haven't filed my taxes in 15 years. What should I do now? Just file taxes for this year and last year or try to do all 25 year? How could I get my W2 information without contacting the IRS?

The simple fact that the IRS hasn't contacted you, probably means that you have gotten a refund for the years you haven't filed. Eventually, if you don't file, the IRS will do something called Substitute for Returns (SFR). I would begin with 2011, and work forward. You would call the Internal Revenue Service and get your wage and Income transcript's. Wage and Income transcript's, will give you all the information that the Internal Revenue Service has this been filed for you (i.e. W-2s, 1099s, and 10&8's.).

The IRS can look at your bank records to trace deposits and withdrawals. So even though you have been primarily a cash earner - if you have run it through the bank, they will use that and assume the worse.

Go back and look at your bank records and use that as your basis for calculating your income. Then go on the IRS website and you will see a place for filing past returns. Work it through and see what the potential liability is.

Then I would get an attorney to help you contact the IRS and negotiate a settlement. An accountant can do it.

If IRS hasn't come to you that means its computers don't think you are worth the effort. As a matter of policy, IRS only solicits six years of delinquent returns so you don't need to worry about the oldest nine. If you had wages or non-employee compensation income you can get a wage and income transcript from IRS by submitting Form 4506-T. The statute of limitations for crediting your Social Security earnings account or claiming a refund is three years from the original due date so your 2011 return is the one on the .

There are tax professionals, enrolled agents (EA)s, CPAs and attorneys who specialize in these types of cases (myself included). Only EAs, CPAs and attorneys can represent you before IRS in collection case matters. Once you retain professional representation, your representative will work with IRS to determine the extent of your particular situation. They will secure the necessary transcripts and the information needed from you to get your tax returns prepared. They will then work on getting your entire tax case resolved. Don't worry .

Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institution’s Terms and Conditions. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion® directly.

Advertiser Disclosure: So how do we make money? We receive compensation from our partners when someone applies or gets approved for a financial product through our site. But, the results of our tools (like our credit card comparison tool) and editorial reviews are based on quantitative and qualitative assessments of product features — nothing else. Compensation may influence the products we review and write about, the order in which categories appear in “best of” articles, whether products appear on our site and where they’re placed. While we try to feature as many product offers on our site as we can maintain (1,200+ credit cards and financial products!), we recognize that our site does not feature every company or financial product available on the market.