if i have a 1099 can i file 1040ez
Avoid Thousands of Dollars in fines and Countless Hours trying to find a CPA who will do this for you.
Number 1 Reason:В В You paid an Independent Contractor* over $600 dollars and didn't give them a W2.
Number 3 Reason:В В You forgot to issue 1099s and need them issued ASAP
Number 4 Reason:В В You thought you could deduct contractor payments on your taxes without issuing a 1099 - Big Mistake.
*Independant Contractor Definition
Any consultant, freelancer, В self-employed person or business owner whom you paid for services.
What do I need on hand to be able to use your services?
1. Name of your contractor В
2. The contractor's last known address
3. The contractor's Social Security or Tax ID number
4. Exact amount paid to the contractor
5. Your Name and Tax ID number
2. File 1099s with the IRS
3. Make 1099s for prior years back to 2000