- 1 www.getrewardsplus.com – United Airlines and Marriott Rewards Plus
- 2 united mileage plus priority boarding
- 3 Marriott Rewards & United MileagePlus Offer Privileges To Elite Members
- 4 United MileagePlus Explorer Card: Free Checked Bags & Solid Rewards
www.getrewardsplus.com – United Airlines and Marriott Rewards Plus
United Airlines and Marriott Rewards Plus:
- United Airlines and Marriott Hotels have promotional offers for their reward account holders which allows signup between the two reward programs
- Marriott Platinum Elite members can visit the Rewards Plus website to sign up for a MileagePlus Account and will automatically receive Silver Status once signed up
- United Airlines Mileage Plus members who are Premier Gold Status can sign up for the Marriott Rewards program and will automatically receive Gold Elite Status
- Both rewards accounts are free to join and you can continue to earn points for each account individually if you sign up for either account
United Airlines and Marriott both provide their customers with reward programs which can be used to earn reward points/miles which can be used for future purchases with the respective company. The United Airlines Rewards Program is known as United MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards is the Marriott Program. Both of these programs are available at no cost to consumers but you will need to register an account with your information to keep track and earn rewards.
If you have either account you may be eligible to sign up for the other account at a higher tier than otherwise would be available for new sign up. Additionally, members with both accounts have the opportunities to earn additional incentives by having both reward accounts. For instance, reward members can transfer your Marriott Points to MileagePlus Miles at a discounted rate when you are members of both programs (promotions may change so check for latest offers prior to converting points or miles).
Additional Perks of the United MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards Programs:
- United MileagePlus members may be eligible for Priority Boarding, Upgraded Seat offers, and free checked bags during flights with United Airlines
- Marriott Reward members may be eligible for room upgrade opportunities, lounge access, and Wi-Fi upgrades
united mileage plus priority boarding
- 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $100 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Your miles don't expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- $95 annual fee
APR: 16.99% - 23.99% Variable APR
Cash Advance APR: 25.99%, Variable
40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
Disclaimer: Any editorial content is not provided or commissioned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of Chase Bank USA, N.A, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase Bank USA, N.A. "Sponsored9quot; above means this site may be compensated through the Chase Bank USA, N.A Affiliate Program.
NerdWallet reviews are the result of independent research by our editorial team while cardholder reviews are contributions from independent users not affiliated with NerdWallet. Banks, issuers and credit card companies are not responsible for any content posted on the NerdWallet site, nor do they endorse or guarantee any posted comments or reviews.
Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. This information may be different than what you see when you visit a financial institution, service provider or specific product’s site. All financial products, shopping products and services are presented without warranty. When evaluating offers, please review the financial institution’s Terms and Conditions. Pre-qualified offers are not binding. If you find discrepancies with your credit score or information from your credit report, please contact TransUnion® directly.
Advertiser Disclosure: So how do we make money? We receive compensation from our partners when someone applies or gets approved for a financial product through our site. But, the results of our tools (like our credit card comparison tool) and editorial reviews are based on quantitative and qualitative assessments of product features — nothing else. Compensation may influence the products we review and write about, the order in which categories appear in “best of” articles, whether products appear on our site and where they’re placed. While we try to feature as many product offers on our site as we can maintain (1,200+ credit cards and financial products!), we recognize that our site does not feature every company or financial product available on the market.
Marriott Rewards & United MileagePlus Offer Privileges To Elite Members
Marriott Singapore Premier Deluxe Room
Marriott Rewards and United Mileage Plus join forces to provide their most loyal elite members with unprecedented travel benefits. From 31 January 2013, the new loyalty product “RewardsPlus” will offer Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members MileagePlus Premier Silver status as well as give United Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members Marriott Rewards Gold Elite Status.
In August, Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus members can transfer points to miles and get additional miles for travel packages. MileagePlus Premier members can also convert their miles into Marriott Rewards points.
Marriott will offer United’s Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold MileagePlus members Gold Elite Status and the following benefits:
- Lounge access and complimentary continental breakfast at participating JW Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels and Autograph Collection Hotels excluding resorts
- Room upgrades based on availability
- Complimentary high-speed internet access at more than 3,700 hotels around the world
- 25% point bonus on all Marriott stays
- Priority late check out
- Gold Elite customised offers and awards
- One-to-one transfer of MileagePlus miles into Marriott Rewards points, a benefit United’s Premier Silver members will also receive
For Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite members, United will offer Premier Silver status, including:
- Complimentary access to Economy Plus seating at check‐in, when available
- Complimentary Premier Upgrades on domestic flights, when available
- Premier Access travel services, which include designated ticket counter check‐in lines, priority security lines and priority boarding and baggage handling
- One complimentary standard checked bag
- 25 percent Premier bonus award miles on United flights
Also beginning in August, all MileagePlus and Marriott Rewards members will receive 20% more value when converting Marriott Rewards points into MileagePlus and a 10% bonus for MileagePlus miles on Marriott Rewards travel packages.
United MileagePlus Explorer Card: Free Checked Bags & Solid Rewards
What Is the United MileagePlus Explorer Card From Chase?
As its name implies, the United MileagePlus Explorer Card from Chase is an airlines rewards card for those with good credit. The card offers double miles on all United ticket purchases and one mile per dollar on other purchases. Miles never expire. Each year, once you spend $25,000 in purchases, you’ll receive 10,000 bonus miles. As a signup bonus, cardmembers can earn 30,000 bonus miles after they spend $1,000 in the first three months of account opening. They can also earn 5,000 bonus miles just for adding an authorized user who makes a purchase in the first three months. This promotion is not available to cardmembers who received a bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
Perhaps the biggest perk is that cardmembers can redeem their miles to book a MileagePlus Standard Award for any available seat, with no blackout dates or restrictions. If the ticket is for sale, you can buy it with miles.
Other benefits include a free checked bag on United flights for the cardholder and one companion traveling on the same reservation. Cardholders also receive priority boarding privileges. As an added incentive to apply, you receive two United Club day passes each year, where you can enjoy free beverages, snacks, workspaces, and Wi-Fi. Cardholders can also get access to the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection, which offers nice amenities such as room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in and late checkout. The amenities offered may vary, so be sure to check with the hotel prior to booking your stay.
This card has a $95 annual fee but no foreign transaction fees. It carries a variable APR of 16.99 to 23.99% on purchases and balance transfers, depending on your creditworthiness at the time of application.
Pros & Cons of the United MileagePlus Explorer Card From Chase
The United credit card offers a competitive sign-up bonus with a small minimum spending requirement that most cardholders can easily meet. Other benefits include the checked bag fee waiver for cardholders and a companion traveling on the same reservation, which can save $100 in baggage fees. While this card doesn’t offer unlimited access to United Club lounges, two free day passes may well come in handy when you need a place to spend a long layover or delay. It’s also nice to have unlimited access to award flights on any unsold seats, especially for last-minute trips. We’re pleased to see this card no longer imposes foreign transaction fees on purchases outside the U.S.
This card only offers double miles for United ticket purchases, a nominal level at a time when many cards are offering double or even three times the rewards for travel purchases. For example, Chase’s own Sapphire Preferred ( see review here ) gives double points on all travel and dining purchases, and these points can be transferred to several different partners, including United. It would also be nice if this card offered a free checked bag for large groups traveling together.
This airline credit card is ideal for the occasional United traveler who wants to save money on checked baggage fees and enjoy priority boarding. It’s also a good entry-level card for those who like collecting miles for traveler awards and travel internationally.
The United MileagePlus Explorer card is for consumers with good credit , so we advise checking your credit before you apply to see where you stand. You can get started at Credit.com, where you’ll get two of your credit scores for free , along with helpful updates to help track your progress.
If you find you meet the issuer’s credit requirements, understand the card’s terms, and feel you can put the benefits to good use, this card may be the right fit for you. But if your credit doesn’t meet the card issuer’s requirements, it’s a good idea to work on building your credit and apply when your scores have improved.
Note: It’s important to remember that interest rates, fees and terms for credit cards, loans and other financial products frequently change. As a result, rates, fees and terms for credit cards, loans and other financial products cited in these articles may have changed since the date of publication. Please be sure to verify current rates, fees and terms with credit card issuers, banks or other financial institutions directly.
This content is not provided by the card issuers. Any opinions expressed are those of Credit.com alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuers.
This article has been updated. It was originally published December 17, 2015.
Comments on articles and responses to those comments are not provided or commissioned by a bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by a bank advertiser. It is not a bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Please note that our comments are moderated, so it may take a little time before you see them on the page. Thanks for your patience.